- Please keep your top, batting, and backing separate.
- Batting and backing must be 8 inches larger than your quilt top (or 4 inches larger on all sides).
- Press your quilt top and backing (seams may be pressed open or to one side).
- Trim loose threads on quilt top and backing.
- Identify the top of quilt and top of backing if necessary.
- Remove all pins, button, sequins, or other embellishments.
- Your Quilt should be flat & even; Measure your quilt across the top, bottom and center. All measurements must be very close in order to ensure puckers do not occur during quilting. How to stop wavy borders; figure out the “average border” length for your quilt. Average border size is calculated by; measuring the top on both edges and the center of the quilt. Add these 3 measurements together and then divide by 3. This is number is the length of your border. Now, ease extra fabric from border or quilt when sewing together. Repeat for width of quilt.
- Fill out my “Longarm Request Form” found on this website.
Longarm Quilting Finish your quilt with a stitched design tailored to your project.